Friday, September 26, 2008

Goggles, Toilets and Golf??

Goggles, Toilets and Golf??

Recently, I was asked to participate in the annual golf tournament that the Brunswick-Golden Isles Chamber of Commerce hosts. I had no idea how much fun this event would be. I get frustrated trying to play putt-putt so I guess it is a good thing they didn't ask me to play!

It was a perfect day for a game of
golf at the Coastal Pines Golf Club in Brunswick. The event began with a delicious catered lunch by Shane's Rib Shack. It wasn't long before everyone was full from the BBQ sandwiches, baked beans, coleslaw, and sweet tea. After lunch, golf balls were dropped from out of a helicopter and the closest ball to the hole won a bit of cash. Then the Chamber President, Woody Woodside said a few words and the golf carts were off. However, this wasn't a typical game of golf....

On one hole, players were given a pair of "drunk goggles" and the closest to the pin won a bottle of Jack Daniels. On another hole, players had to try to hit the golf ball while sitting on a toilet. At the end of the day 34 teams of 4 players each took to the course and everyone had a great time and most of the players walked away a great prize. Here are a few pictures that I took.


This is such a beautiful course and the day was perfect

Golf tees were available at the check in table courtesy of Skipper's Fish Camp

I love that they had no idea I was taking this shot!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. The shot of the golf course should be on the front of a post card or a magazine! These are all great and make me feel like I was there. Great job!

Anonymous said...

You are very talented Ginger. I know that you will go far in your business. Congrats!

Ginger Dupre said...

Rachel-Thanks, that is quite a compliment!

Sherri-Thank you so much for the encouragement! It was a fun day and I look forward to continuing to learn, grow my business and meet great people (like you) along the way!

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my photo diary! I am located in Saint Marys, Georgia which is very close to the beautiful city of Jacksonville, Florida. I decided to start this photo diary to share my life, thoughts, random ramblings, and work with you. Please drop me a line and let me know what you think! I love to hear from you and hear about the exciting things going on in your lives too. If you would like to book a photoshoot with me or would just like more information on my work, please contact me at gingerduprephoto@gmail.com or call (904) 655-3008. Thank you for stopping by!! Please bookmark my site and check back often for new posts. I will be updating the site regularly and I have some fun photoshoots coming up soon!

Ginger Dupre Photography

Ginger Dupre Photography