Sunday, October 26, 2008

DARE to Rescue

DARE to Rescue


I grew up with a Dachshund pup named Brownie and have always had a weakness for Dachshunds ever since. Over the past few years, I have managed to bring three of them (Vedder, Bubba and Copper) into our home. Doing research one night, I stumbled on D.A.R.E. This is an amazing organization that rescues and places Dachshunds in loving homes. I wanted to be a part of this group from the moment I opened their site. I was so very happy when I received an email recently from one of the "foster moms" asking if I could do a home visit for a couple in my area that wanted to adopt the precious Harlee. I quickly agreed to the request and I was super excited to be able to help D.A.R.E. After we left the home of the adopting couple, I went to the D.A.R.E. site to look at the available pups.

I. Was. Shocked.

D.A.R.E. usually has quite a few dogs in foster homes and their site is full with images of their long noses, short legs and precious little faces. This time, I couldn't help but notice that there are more Dachshunds waiting for homes that I have ever noticed before. The economy is to blame, hurricanes are to blame, breeders are to blame and the list goes on and on. I am sure that this is a problem for many rescue agencies and shelters out there right now. They need our help more than ever.

For the month of December, I will donate a portion of the proceeds of all booked sessions to D.A.R.E. or to the animal rescue organization of your choice! Also in December, I will be photographing pets and their families at a local vet. More details on that event to come soon. Please stay tuned to my blog!

Harlee who is being adopted!

Our baby Bubba

4 comments:

Scarlett Lillian said...

Awww so sweet of you to do!

DARE to Rescue! said...

Your photos are beautiful! Thanks so much for helping DARE out.

Sentimental Visions Photography said...

This is such a Great Cause! I commend you on your efforts to help save the doxies. I too have a dachshund we rescued from a horrible home environment...she is my pride and joy my everything! I am signing up to volunteer and donate whenever I can. Your Bubba is beautiful!

~Susan

Ginger said...

Scarlett-I love the Doxies!

DARE-ANYTHING to help y'all!

Sentimental Visions-Thank you! So glad to know you gave a Doxie a loving home and very happy to know you are interested in helping too!

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my photo diary! I am located in Saint Marys, Georgia which is very close to the beautiful city of Jacksonville, Florida. I decided to start this photo diary to share my life, thoughts, random ramblings, and work with you. Please drop me a line and let me know what you think! I love to hear from you and hear about the exciting things going on in your lives too. If you would like to book a photoshoot with me or would just like more information on my work, please contact me at gingerduprephoto@gmail.com or call (904) 655-3008. Thank you for stopping by!! Please bookmark my site and check back often for new posts. I will be updating the site regularly and I have some fun photoshoots coming up soon!

Ginger Dupre Photography

Ginger Dupre Photography